- that every child is entitled to receive quality education within a happy and caring, safe and stimulating environment.
- that every individual is entitled to be valued, respected and supported by each other that everyone within our school family should be given every opportunity to reach his/her potential, to feel pride in individual and collective achievements and to celebrate success.
- that every individual will be encouraged to develop personal qualities of independence, co-operation, self-discipline and respect, both for others and the world in which we live.
- that all pupils will receive a quality education from the broad and balanced differentiated curriculum offered at the school.
- that there will be no discrimination on the grounds of gender or ability and pupils with SEN will be catered for appropriately in line with the Code of Practice.
Our Vision and Values
Discovery Multi Academy Trust is the result of an amalgamation of three primary schools from across the Plymouth area: Oakwood Primary Academy and Beechwood Primary Academy (formerly of the Southernway Federation) and Weston Mill Community Primary Academy. The Trust was formed in September 2016.
We will ensure that all children are able to thrive through quality learning experiences, ensuring their readiness for the next stage in their learning.
To achieve our vision we will:
- Encourage all our children and staff to excel and collaborate with one another, to ensure the best outcomes and progress for all.
- Develop joyful learning communities that work together to improve standards and outcomes for our children, as part of a wider community.
- Ensure that we remain committed to the following values that underpin the way we work: