Each school within the Trust follows the National Curriculum for Mathematics. The National Curriculum for Maths aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics through varied and frequent practice with complexity increasing over time.
- Develop conceptual understanding and ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately.
- Reason mathematically; follow a line of enquiry, conjecture relationships and generalisations.
- Develop an argument, justification and proof by using mathematical language.
- Problem solve by applying knowledge to a variety of routine and non-routine problems breaking down problems into simpler steps and persevering in answering
Teachers follow the National Curriculum to ensure that Maths objectives are covered during their timetabled lessons. A wide range of resources are also used to support the teaching of Maths, including White Rose. Multiplication tables are a focus (within school and at home) for KS2 pupils and in KS1 number facts are taught and practised to support with this.